Due to a period of extended growth and expansion, OceanWise are looking to recruit an Oceanographic Engineer to support our Monitoring Business Unit.
About the role:
The Monitoring Business Unit’s main focus is to ensure accurate, reliable and robust environmental data is available to our customers projects, integrating many types of meteorological and oceanographic instrumentation, providing data through OceanWise’s Port-Log system. OceanWise currently provide support to most large UK ports and harbours. Other high profile projects include the UK National Tide Gauge Network Maintenance Contract and the UKHO’s Global Marine Environmental Monitoring Systems (MEMS) Framework.
Duties will include:
- Assist in the design and assembly of marine environmental monitoring systems, and their installation, configuration, and maintenance onsite at the coast and potentially offshore.
- Undertake geodetic and digital levelling, ensuring accurate recording of data, and data processing (PPP and PPK) and detailed reporting.
- Attend project and other internal and external meetings, complete risk assessments and method statements, and write and submit site survey and installation reports.
- Monitor and respond to support requests from licensed partners, customers and third parties including participating in the rota for 24/7 cover.
- Promote OceanWise’s products and services, including preparing and presenting technical papers, and participating in workshops, conferences, and other events in the UK and overseas
The applicant should have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Have practical experience of equipment, with good attention to detail and enjoy technical challenges
- Willingness to undertake site work, typically within the UK but also elsewhere around the world, to support OceanWise’s overseas monitoring stations. UK based work typically lasts 1-3 days, with overseas work typically lasting up to 10 days
- Full driving licence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Industry experience of geodetic levelling
- Thorough knowledge of tide and meteorological sensors;
- Right to work in the UK
Please email email@example.com with your CV and covering letter with the subject “Oceanographic Engineer Application”.Back to News